Did you know?
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death for ages 10-24
- Every day there is an average of over 5,400 suicide attempts by adolescents in grades 7-12
- It has been found that four out of five people had shown warning signs before committing suicide
National Suicide Prevention Week was formed to raise awareness and advocate for these alarming statistics, and corresponds with a global effort. This year the national dates are September 6th- 12th.
Here are some national campaigns you can take part in to show support for preventing:
- Join in the conversation on social media by using #StopSuicide
- Join 1 of 300 Out of the Darkness Community Walks
- Check out sharable facebook graphics and other ways to join in during the week at American Foundation for Suicide Prevention