We are excited to announce that we are now in our recruitment phase of the Supporting Our Valued Adolescents (SOVA) feasibility study! In this phase of the SOVA project we are hoping to find if it is realistic to recruit an online community of 100 users to each of our sites. This would mean 100 adolescents on our SOVA site and 100 parents of adolescents on our wiseSOVA site.
We will be recruiting:
Adolescents/Young Adults (sova.pitt.edu):
- 14-26 years old
- experienced symptoms of anxiety and/or depression now or in the past
- not have current active suicidal thoughts (have a plan to act on these thoughts) or past suicide attempts
- Has an adolescent/young adult (ages 14-26) who has experienced symptoms of anxiety and/or depression now or in the past
In order to sign up all participants will need to do is register through our sites:
Here’s how you can help spread the word!
- Like our Facebook Page and share our posts with your friends
- (Our settings are such that others who view our Facebook page can’t see that you liked our page unless you are already Facebook friends)
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet us
- Talk with your colleagues and friends about the study